Monday, December 11, 2006

Welcome to Youniversoul Thoughts


Hello, and welcome to the first posting of "Youniversoul Thoughts", a blog published by Adele Cox, the owner and founder of "Youniversoul Body-Oriented Health & Wellness". I've created a unique Somatic Health & Wellness practice that blends my training and experience in Bodywork and Counseling to help you experience yourself as an integrated being. My website has information about my background, credentials, and the work I do, but I also wanted to communicate directly with you about my thoughts, ideas, questions, and interesting information related to living a holistically healthly life.

I don't think of "holistic health" as simply a term that means "an alternative to traditional medicine"; I believe it's really about an approach to life. I also don't think of "somatic" as simply "the body"; I believe it's about all of who you are. So in terms of my work, I'm interested in the many different dimensions of your life: your "personal" Self (body, mind, energy, emotions, spirit); your "relational" Self (how you interact with your business, casual, and intimate relationships), and your Self through time (past, present, future). Believe it or not, all of these aspects (and probably many others I haven't listed) can intensely impact who you are at this moment! You're not simply a body, or just your past, or an isolated entity in your relationships -- you're a complex being having experiences through all the aspects of your Self, and I believe your growth and healing experience is most effectively served by including these aspects.
I look forward to hearing your comments!

No comments: